Office sought: _____________________________________
Candidate website: ________________________________
Candidate email address: ___________________________________________________________
Name of person completing the questionnaire if other than the candidate: _______________________________
Some questions may not impact the office you are a candidate for but your position matters. If you need more space for comments, please add them to the end and simply reference the question number. There is no right or wrong answer, this questionnaire is designed for you to state your position on various items. Answers may be publicized.
Do you support:
1. Elimination of Capital Gains Tax?
2. Elimination of the state death tax?
3. Repeal of the federal estate tax?
4. State tax on retirement income?
5. Increase State School funding with dollar for dollar offset in property tax?
6. Constitutional referendum to remove public sector pension guarantee for ALL positions
(includes elected office and all public sector employees)?
7. Elimination of State Prevailing wage laws?
8. Right to work laws (elimination of closed union shops)?
9. Caps on torte liability awards?
10. Work requirements for able-bodied welfare recipients?
11. Reforms to Workmen’s Compensation insurance which will lower premiums?
12. No increase in taxes on fuels?
13. Rejection to taxing drivers per mile?
14. Policies to support the expansion of fuel refinery and nuclear power capacity?
15. Opposition to the sale of any transportation infrastructure component to foreign interests?
16. Opposition to any financial transaction tax?
17. Changes to make tax filing simpler?
18. Repeal of the Affordable Care Act?
19. Replacement of the Affordable Care Act?
20. Permit health insurance companies to cross state lines?
21. Use of Flexible Spending Account money to pay for ‘Direct Primary Care’ subscriptions?
22. Lower caps on medical malpractice lawsuits?
23. Term limits?
24. Law to prohibit future elected official participation in taxpayer funded pensions and benefits?
25. Restrictions on ‘patronage’ hiring?
26. Make violations of rules governing public meetings a felony?
27. Change re-districting to remove political influence?
28. Photo id for voting?
29. Tighter restrictions on the use of ‘eminent domain’?
30. The erection of ‘border walls’?
31. Complete repeal of the Illinois ‘Trust’ Act?
32. Moratorium on ‘refugees’?
33. Lower caps on personal injury, products liability and professional malpractice lawsuits?
34. Privacy of FOID information?
35. Elimination of the FOID Act?
36. Development of economic impact plans for prison closure, construction and usage?
37. E-Verify as a requirement for new hires?
38. Full enforcement of all federal immigration laws?
39. Full implementation of 287-g by all law enforcement agencies?
40. Overturning Roe v. Wade?
41. No tax dollars to be used for abortions or to support organizations that support abortions?
42. Require parental notification / permission (custodial parent / parents) prior to the performance
of an abortion involving a minor child?
43. Enactment of the Illinois Born-Alive Infant Protection Act?
44. Constitutional enshrinement of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act)?
45. Elimination of the Federal Dept. of Education?
46. Parental rights to final decisions relative to IEPs? (Individual Education Plan)
47. Do you see the U.S. Constitution as a living document to be adjusted to current norms?
48. Do you support the practice of special committees being called for issues already assigned to
standing committees within a government body?
49. Do you consider yourself a (choose one from column “A” and one from column “B”):
Column A Column B
Fiscal conservative Social conservative
Fiscal moderate Social moderate
Fiscal liberal Social liberal
Based on your choices, as in “A” and “B” above; tell us how your positions will be applied to your duties as a member of the unit of government you are campaigning for:
50. In the world of politics, what is your definition of a). conservative, b). moderate, and c). liberal?
51. Do you believe Rules established by the unit of government you are campaigning for are
guidelines, or structured rules? Comment:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
52. If an incumbent, what are your personal accomplishments?
53. When elected, what are your goals; what do you plan to accomplish in this position?
54. What do you want your voters to know about you that may not be covered by this questionnaire?